Thursday, March 3, 2016

Biopsy preliminary results

Kelly's biopsy went fine.  There don't seem to be any complications.

They were able to get preliminary results quickly.  It is pretty clear that the lesion in her brain is a cancerous tumor.  Right now, the most likely scenarios is that they will treat it with chemo and radiation, but not surgery.  However, once they do more testing and find out more details about the cancerous cells, we will have all the information to make the best decision about treatment.

We are all pretty shocked.  I don't know what we expected it to be, but we were hoping it wasn't cancer.

All the upsides and answers sound stupid right now, but we are saying them anyway.
1. We have an amazing support network, as all of you have already proved
2. Daddy, Elizabeth and I are all here to take the news together.  Ben has his friends from InterVarsity, especially his girlfriend Melanie.  Noah is right near Grammie Judy, Grandpa George, Steven, Diane, Sophie and Josie.
3. Mom is strong, strong, strong - she beat cancer once, and we hope and pray she can do it again.
4. It's going to be fine.  We don't know what version of fine, what that means, or what that will end up being, but it will be fine.
5. The hospital food here is really good... while mom was in her biopsy we all got mochaccinos - yum!
5. The view out the hospital window is gorgeous


6 comments:

  1. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hears be troubled and do not be afraid.
    John 14:27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your not-so-good-news and your thoughts in this way. Your mom has more people in her corner than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you and I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fear not for I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you and I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly
    Wishing the best for you. I will keep you in my prayers. I so enjoyed our fun times together at the Clarkson Nordic races. You are a wild woman! In the best possible way.
    Lots of love, Pam Dausman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly
    Wishing the best for you. I will keep you in my prayers. I so enjoyed our fun times together at the Clarkson Nordic races. You are a wild woman! In the best possible way.
    Lots of love, Pam Dausman

    ReplyDelete