Saturday, September 16, 2017

Peaceful

Kelly is feeling much more peaceful now.  See has been sleeping all day.  She has a pain pump, and when the VNA nurse came this evening, she said that mom isn't in pain.  Her breathing sounds labored, but the nurse assured us that if her face looks peaceful, she feels fine.

The nurse also told us that she is now in the "active dying" phase.   Kelly has hours to days before she dies.

Because mom has such a short time, we will probably keep her at home.   There is nothing they can do at respite house that we can't do here, and because her pain is under control and she is sleeping all the time, her care will actually be a bit easier now.   So, at this point it seems like mom will get her wish to die at home.  


3 comments:

  1. May God Bless you... all.. ..because Kelly is Irish because my mother was from Dublin, I remember my mother who, near the end of her life, she made a joke and said "may I get to heaven a half an hour before the Devil knows I'm dead" .. of course in her lovely little thing Irish brogue. I know Kelly will be in heaven and I also know that she will never really leave those she loves. I feel my parents presence so very very often. With so much love, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much respect
    So much love
    No words

    ReplyDelete